Support for talented school students
Curious Minds provides funding to programmes that assist and recognise talented school students through the Talented School Students Travel Awards and the CREST Awards.
- identify, encourage and support talented young New Zealand primary and secondary school students in science and technology
- increase students’ knowledge of diverse career paths in science and technology
- provide opportunities for talented young achievers to develop links with practising scientists
- enthuse, stimulate and encourage talented young achievers into scientific or technological careers
- encourage students who do not pursue these careers to gain a sound grounding and understanding in science and technology.
Talented School Students Travel Awards
These awards support intermediate and secondary school students from across New Zealand who have been selected to attend international science and technology events. The awards are funded by the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment (MBIE) and managed by the Royal Society of New Zealand.
CREST is an international awards scheme designed to encourage students in years 0–13 to solve problems in science, technology and environmental studies with innovative and creative approaches. MBIE part-funds these awards, which are managed by the Royal Society of New Zealand.
Find out more